Switzerland County Seal

Switzerland County, Indiana




social button facebook social button twitter

posted on 2018-01-29 by Donna Faber from health

The Switzerland Co Health Department can now bill insurance for adult and children vaccines. Come see us for your child's school vaccines! We can accept most insurances. Call or bring in your card and we can run the insurance to see if you are covered. You should call your insurance company to see what vaccines they cover and if there is a copay. Adults need to keep their vaccinations up to date also, the same as children because immunity from childhood vaccines can wear off over time. You are also at risk for different diseases as an adult. Vaccination is one of the most convenient and safest preventive care measures available. All adults need a flu vaccine every year. You may need other vaccines based on your age, health conditions, job, lifestyle, or travel habits. Learn more about what other vaccines may be recommended for you and talk to your healthcare professional about which vaccines are right for you. We still have the VFC (Vaccines for Children) through the Indiana State Dept of Health for ages birth to 18 years of age for those without insurance, on Medicaid or insurance does not cover vaccines. We also have the adult program through the Indiana State Dept of Health for those who do not have health insurance.